How can you increase fuel mileage?
- Check Tire Pressure - If one tire is 5 psi low on pressure, you will lose 10% in fuel mileage. Make sure all tires are inflated to the vehicle manufacture's specified pressure.
- Wheel Alignment - Your car's wheels and tires were designed to roll. If the alignment is not correct they drag, causing a decrease in fuel mileage as well as premature tire wear. Fuel mileage loss can be as much as 15%.
- Check and Replace Filters Regularly - Replacing a plugged air filter can improve your car's gas mileage by as much as 10%. Your car's air filter keeps impurities from damaging the inside of your engine. Not only will replacing the air filter improve your gas mileage, it will protect your engine too.
- Change Your Oil Regularly - The proper grade of clean oil will reduce friction. Using too heavy of oil can cause a loss of 1 to 2% in fuel mileage. Regular oil changes will not only protect your engine, but also save you money at the pump.
- Keep Your Engine Properly Tuned - Worn spark plugs, dirty fuel injectors, and carbon on the throttle plate can all cause a fuel mileage loss of up to 4%. With today's cars, computers can mask worn or dirty parts that rob your car of fuel mileage. By having these items inspected and serviced regularly, you will keep your car running smooth and improve your vehicle's fuel economy.
- Take a Load Off - Heavier vehicles require more energy to move, so carrying around excess weight will decrease your mileage. Empty out your trunk of unnecessary items. An extra 100 pounds in your trunk will reduce fuel mileage by 1 to 2% in a typical vehicle.
- Service Engine Soon / Check Engine Light If you have been ignoring this important light, have it repaired. This light monitors important functions of the fuel and engine system. Depending on the cause, fuel economy could suffer by 40%. Often times when the light is on, the computer operates in a back up mode which does not optimize fuel mileage.
- Observe the Speed Limit
$59.95 Air Conditioner Service
Expires: June 30, 2017